- July 4th Holiday Fireworks Show for the Valley Community – 7-3-16
- ”Tales from the Elgin Museum” – 7-9-16
- 5-16-16 Minutes and Disbursements
- 5-2-16 Minutes and Disbursements
- Summer Reading Camp 2016
- City Council Meeting – 6-20-16
- New Library Hours
- City Council Meeting – 6-6-16
- The Moving Wall – June 30th – July 5th – Clayton Co. Fairgrounds
- Clermont Historic Sites Ready for Visitors – State Historical Society of Iowa Announces 2016 Organ Recital Series
- Clermont & Elgin Fire & Rescue – 2016 Benefit Golf Tournament – July 22 & 23
- Explore Iowa’s Historical Sites This Summer
- Library Summer Reading Information
- 2016 Union Sunday School Organ Recital Series
- City Council Meeting – 5-16-16
Title: July 4th Holiday Fireworks Show for the Valley Community – 7-3-16
Location: Skip-a-way Resort & Quarry Lodge
Description: July 4th Holiday Fireworks Show for the Valley Community
Date: July 3, 2016
Place: Skip-a-way Resort & Quarry Lodge
3825 Harding Road, Clermont
For more information, please call 563-423-7338
The Elgin Historical Society will present ”Tales from the Elgin Museum” on Saturday July 9th. The program will begin at 2:00 in the Carriage House at Montauk Historic Site.
Come learn about early life in Elgin. Kenneth and Harriet Blockus from the Elgin Historical Society will display artifacts from the Elgin Museum and tell the tales that accompany those items.
Learn the history about the Elgin community, the people who lived there, and the surrounding area.
Ken and Harriet Blockhus will “Tell the Tales “about Indians from the Elgin area, Falb’s Meat Market, Elgin’s tallest visitor, and the tale of Elgin’s “Wolf”!
You can see their entire collection at the Elgin Historical Society and Museum, located at 231 Center Street in Elgin, Iowa. The museum is open Saturdays 10:00-3:00 from May –October and the 2nd Thursday of each month , except January from 2:00-4:00 or by appointment by calling Ken and Harriet Blockus (563)423-7126 or Marilyn Shaer (563)426-5016.