- Braking Traffik Presentation – 9-25-16
- Candidate Class – 9-6-16
- 8-1-16 Minutes and Disbursements
- 7-18-16 Minutes and Disbursements
- City Council Meeting – 8-15-16
- Union Sunday School Organ Concert – 8-28-16
- Wilker Softball Tournament – Sept. 16, 17, & 18
- Old-Fashioned Picnic, Montauk Historic Site – 8-21-16
- Three Civil War Veterans to Receive Gravestones – 8-17-16
- Painting of Dover #4
- 6-20-16 Minutes and Disbursements
- 6-6-16 Minutes and Disbursements
- DCA awards nearly $600,000 for 27 historic preservation and country school projects in 22 Iowa communities
- City Council Meeting – 7-18-16
- Jane Jurgens transcribing William Larrabee Diaries
August 17 , 2016
For additional information, contact the Decorah Area Chamber of Commerce
563/382-3990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate Class to be Held
On September 6th from 5:30-7:00, the Decorah Area Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Iowa Community College and Upper Explorerland Regional Planning Commission will host a Candidate Class. This class is for anyone who has ever considered entering into public service as an elected official.
The evening consists of presentations from individuals who will present on the different facets of local government and the expectations of elected officials. Each presenter will focus on their area of expertise from City to County Government. The panel includes Ossian City Clerk Joyce Bakewell, Jan McGovern, Elkader City Administrator Jennifer Cowsert.
“This collaborative effort is really for anyone considering getting involved with local government.” Nikki Brevig, Executive Director of the Decorah Area Chamber of Commerce said. “It’s a great opportunity to learn about what it takes to lead in this capacity and the expectation of the role.”
The DACC has partnered with NICC and UERPC to extend the reach beyond Winneshiek County. “Different seats come up around the area every election cycle. Every area has a need for great leaders this could be the first step.” Brevig noted.
Past attendee and Decorah City Council member noted, “If you are running for office for the first time, newly elected, or just need a refresher course the candidate’s class is just the ticket! I learned what was expected of me in my newly elected position as a public official. Questions were answered by seasoned officials and experiences shared. Do yourself a favor and attend this class!”
All are welcome to attend. RSVP by August 26th by contacting Kendra Kleve 1-800-728-2256 ext 312 or email email@example.com.
The Decorah Area Chamber of Commerce is a professional organization providing resources and networking opportunities to promote our members and advocate for growth of the Decorah area business community. The work of the DACC is supported by 400 members throughout the region. For more information on all of the programs offered through the DACC call 563-382-3990.