American Legion Post 375 of Clermont Iowa was formed in 1920 by 15 returning WWI veterans. The Post has served the community and veterans since including youth programs, community improvements, and community civic projects.
We have never had a memorial dedicated to and honoring the veterans who have served our country, some making the ultimate sacrifice. Our current project will do just that.
Located in LincolnPark (1903), which is our communities “veteran’s park”, the memorial will consist of 5 slant front 3 foot tall polished black granite markers, each bearing the crest of, and dedicated to, one of our country’s branches of service. These stones are to be located in front of thier respective service flags (shown in the picture). In addition a 6 ‘ centerpiece of polished black granite will bear an inscription from Lincoln’s Gettysberg address:
The cost of the project is estimated at $20,000. A very large amount for our community of 600 residents.
Title: Garage/Bake Sale – 5-7-15 & 5-8-15
Location: Opera House – 400 Mill Street
Start Time: 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Title: City Council Meeting – 4-20-15
Location: 505 Larrabee Street
Description: CITY OF CLERMONT COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Date: Monday, April 20, 2015
Place: 505 Larrabee Street Room #4
Time: 7:00 p.m.
The order of the agenda is at the discretion of the Mayor
1. Call to Order
a) Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Approve Agenda
4. Consent Agenda
a) April 6, 2015 Minutes
5. Fire Department Grant/Loan
6. City Insurance – Leslie White
7. Maintenance Report
a) Sewer Jet Preventative Maintenance Program
b) Solar Speed Sign
c) River Park Restroom
8. Larrabee Building Project – Appoint Fiscal Agent/Accounting Procedures
9. Resolution 2015-10 Purchase Fire Truck and Authorize Accounting Procedures
10. Street Committee
11. Opera House Tables/Chairs
12. Resolution 2015-11 Transfer RUT/Water/Sewer for Truck Payment #19
13. Utility Acct. # 14301 Request
14. Fayette Co. 5 Year Road Plan
15. Budget Amendment Work – Fiscal Year 2014-2015
16. Citizen Comments
17. Council Comments
18. Mayor Comments