Located at 400 Mill Street the Opera House is available for rent seven days a week. Below is the Opera House Policy:
Opera House Policy 3-17-14
Please call City Hall at 563-423-7295 for reservations.
The Clermont Opera House Company was formed by Frederick Becker, M.V. Dibble, B.C. Gruver, J.A. Ericson, and E.H. Appleman. Shares were sold in the company, and building commenced at once. It was finished in 1912 and was one of the finest buildings in the county. Seating capacity was 500, including the balcony. Because it was the largest building of its kind in the county, a popular touring stage group known as the “Winter Lyceum Course” booked its best plays of the season there. Movies, dances, and orchestras also entertained the local community.